Chapter 2: Formation, Administration and Dissolution of Companies
Part B: Incorporation and legal status of companies
R18: Conversion of Close Corporations
- (1) A Notice of Conversion of a close corporation in terms of Schedule 2 must be filed in Form CoR 18.1, and must be accompanied by-
- (a) a written statement of consent signed by members of the corporation holding, in aggregate, at least 75% of the members' interests in the corporation;
- (b) a Memorandum of Incorporation; and
- (c) the fee set out in Table CR 2B.
- (2) As soon as practicable after receiving a Notice of Conversion, the Commission must issue either-
- (a) a Notice Requiring Further Information in Form CoR 18.2, if the Commission requires more information to verify that the requirements of Schedule 2 have been satisfied; or
- (b) a Certificate of Registration in Form CoR 18.3, if-
- (i) the Commission has accepted the Notice of conversion; and
- (ii) the company's Memorandum of Incorporation, including its name, is consistent with the requirements of the Act.
No related regulations.
No related sections.
No related note.
No related forms.