Chapter 5: Fundamental Transactions and Takeover Regulations
Part A: Interpretation and application
R89: Fundamental transactions
- (1) A notice of a shareholders meeting to consider a special resolution, contemplated in section 112 (3) or 113 (5), must be published to the shareholders of the company concerned, and delivered to them in accordance with regulation 7.
- (2) A notice to creditors contemplated in section 116 (1)(a) must be published to the known creditors of the company concerned, and delivered to them in accordance with regulation 7.
- (3) A Notice of Amalgamation or Merger contemplated in section 116 (3) must be in Form CoR89.
- (4) If an amalgamation or merger, as defined in section 1, results from-
- (a) the acquisition by one company of all or the greater part of the assets or undertaking of a second company, as contemplated in sections 112 and 117(1)(c)(i), any provision of this Chapter applicable to such an acquisition applies equally to that amalgamation or merger; or
- (b) a scheme of arrangement, as contemplated in section 114 and 117 (1)(c)(iii), any provision of this Chapter applicable to such a scheme of arrangement applies equally to that amalgamation or merger.
No related regulations.
No related sections.
No related note.
No related forms.