Chapter 3: Enhanced Accountability and Transparency
Part B: Company secretary
s88: Duties of company secretary
- (1) A company's secretary is accountable to the company's board.
- (2) A company secretary's duties include, but are not restricted to:
- (a) providing the directors of the company collectively and individually with guidance as to their duties, responsibilities and powers;
- (b) making the directors aware of any law relevant to or affecting the company;
- (c) reporting to the company's board any failure on the part of the company or a director to comply with the Memorandum of Incorporation or rules of the company or this Act;
- (d) ensuring that minutes of all shareholders meetings, board meetings and the meetings of any committees of the directors, or of the company's audit committee, are properly recorded in accordance with this Act;
- (e) certifying in the company's annual financial statements whether the company has filed required returns and notices in terms of this Act, and whether all such returns and notices appear to be true, correct and up to date;
- (f) ensuring that a copy of the company's annual financial statements is sent, in accordance with this Act, to every person who is entitled to it; and
- (g) carrying out the functions of a person designated in terms of section 33(3).
No related regulations.
No related note.
No related forms.