Practice Note 1 of 2011 – Companies and close corporations - postal and physical address requirements
- This practice note is issued in terms of Regulation 4 of the Companies Regulation, 2011 and is applicable to companies (local and external) and close corporation filings.
- The CIPC requires that all postal and physical addresses required by any electronic and manual form be structured in a specific manner in order to allow for better statistical records and data quality. In this regard the following information must be provided:
- Physical address: Street number; Street name; Suburb/town/city; Province; and Street code
- Postal address: Postal number or description; Suburb/town/city; Province; and Postal code
- If the address provided is outside of the Republic, the country description must also be provided.
- Any form filed with the CIPC that does not comply with the above requirements will be rejected.
- Yours faithfully,
Deputy Commissioner: CIPC
No related forms.
No related sections.
No related regulations.
No related note.