Chapter 6: Business Rescue and Compromise With Creditors
Part C: Rights of affected persons during business rescue proceedings
s148: First meeting of employees' representatives
- (1) Within 10 business days after being appointed, the practitioner must convene, and preside over, a first meeting of employees' representatives, at which:
- (a) the practitioner must inform the employees' representatives whether the practitioner believes that there is a reasonable prospect of rescuing the company; and
- (b) the employees' representatives may determine whether or not an employees' committee should be appointed and, if so, may appoint the members of the committee.
- (2) The practitioner must give notice of the meeting to every registered trade union representing employees of the company and, if there are any employees who are not represented by such a registered trade union, to those employees, or their representatives, setting out the:
- (a) date, time and place of the meeting; and
- (b) agenda for the meeting.
No related sections.
No related regulations.
No related note.
No related forms.