Chapter 6: Business Rescue and Compromise With Creditors
Part D: Development and approval of business rescue plan
s151: Meeting to determine future of company
- (1) Within 10 business days after publishing a business rescue plan in terms of section 150, the practitioner must convene and preside over a meeting of creditors and any other holders of a voting interest, called for the purpose of considering the plan.
- (2) At least five business days before the meeting contemplated in subsection (1), the practitioner must deliver a notice of the meeting to all affected persons, setting out:
- (a) the date, time and place of the meeting;
- (b) the agenda of the meeting; and
- (c) a summary of the rights of affected persons to participate in and vote at the meeting.
- (3) The meeting contemplated in this section may be adjourned from time to time, as necessary or expedient, until a decision regarding the company's future has been taken in accordance with sections 152 and 153.
No related note.