Chapter 7: Remedies and Enforcement
Part D: Complaints to Commission or Panel

s168: Initiating a complaint

  • (1) Any person may file a complaint in writing:
    • (a) with the Panel in respect of a matter contemplated in Part B or C of Chapter 5, or in the Takeover Regulations; or
      • (b) with the Commission in respect of any provision of this Act not referred to in paragraph (a), alleging that a person has acted in a manner inconsistent with this Act, or that the complainant's rights under this Act, or under a company's Memorandum of Incorporation or rules, have been infringed.
      • (2) A complaint may be initiated directly by the Commission, or the Panel, as the case may be, on its own motion or on the request of another regulatory authority.
        • (3) The Minister may direct the Commission, as contemplated in section 190(2)(b), or the Panel to investigate:
          • (a) an alleged contravention of this Act; or
            • (b) other specified circumstances.

            Related Sections

            s190: Minister may direct policy and require investigation

            Related Regulations

            R135: Filing of complaints with the Commission

            Related Notes

            No related note.

            Related Forms

            CoR135.1: Complaint to Commission
            CoR135.2: Commission Notice of Non-investigation