Chapter 7: Remedies and Enforcement
Part D: Complaints to Commission or Panel
s168: Initiating a complaint
- (1) Any person may file a complaint in writing:
- (a) with the Panel in respect of a matter contemplated in Part B or C of Chapter 5, or in the Takeover Regulations; or
- (b) with the Commission in respect of any provision of this Act not referred to in paragraph (a), alleging that a person has acted in a manner inconsistent with this Act, or that the complainant's rights under this Act, or under a company's Memorandum of Incorporation or rules, have been infringed.
- (2) A complaint may be initiated directly by the Commission, or the Panel, as the case may be, on its own motion or on the request of another regulatory authority.
- (3) The Minister may direct the Commission, as contemplated in section 190(2)(b), or the Panel to investigate:
- (a) an alleged contravention of this Act; or
- (b) other specified circumstances.
No related note.