Chapter 7: Remedies and Enforcement
Part D: Complaints to Commission or Panel
s172: Objection to notices
- (1) Any person issued with a compliance notice in terms of this Act may apply to the Companies Tribunal in the case of a notice issued by the Commission, or to the Takeover Special Committee in the case of a notice issued by the Executive Director, or to a court in either case, to review the notice within:
- (a) 15 business days after receiving that notice; or
- (b) such longer period as may be allowed on good cause shown.
- (2) After considering any representations by the applicant and any other relevant information, the Companies Tribunal, the Takeover Special Committee, or a court may confirm, modify or cancel all or part of a compliance notice.
- (3) If the Companies Tribunal, the Takeover Special Committee or a court confirms or modifies all or part of a notice, the applicant must comply with that notice as confirmed or modified, within the time period specified in it, subject to subsection (4).
- (4) A decision by the Companies Tribunal or the Takeover Special Committee in terms of this section is binding, subject to any right of review by, or appeal to, a court.
No related sections.
No related note.