Chapter 7: Remedies and Enforcement
Part D: Complaints to Commission or Panel

s173: Consent orders

  • (1) If a matter has been investigated in terms of this Part, and the Commission and the respondent have agreed a resolution of the complaint, the Commission may:
    • (a) record the resolution in the form of an order; and
      • (b) if the person who is the subject of the complaint consents to that order, apply to the High Court to have it confirmed as a consent order, in terms of its rules.
      • (2) Section 167(2) to (4), read with the changes required by the context, applies to an application contemplated in subsection (1).

        Related Sections

        s167: Dispute resolution may result in consent order

        Related Regulations

        R138: Resolving complaints by proposed consent order

        Related Notes

        No related note.

        Related Forms

        CoR138: Consent to Order