Chapter 8: Regulatory Agencies and Administration of Act
Part C: Takeover Regulation Panel
s201: Functions of Panel
- (1) The Panel is responsible to:
- (a) regulate affected transactions and offers to the extent provided for, and in accordance with, Parts B and C of Chapter 5 and the Takeover Regulations;
- (b) investigate complaints with respect to affected transactions and offers in accordance with Part D of Chapter 7;
- (c) apply for a court order to wind up a company, in the manner contemplated in section 81(1)(f); and
- (d) consult with the Minister in respect of additions, deletions or amendments to the Takeover Regulations.
- (2) The Panel may:
- (a) consult with any person at the request of any interested party with a view to advising on the application of a provision of Parts B and C of Chapter 5, or the Takeover Regulations;
- (b) issue, amend or withdraw information on current policy in regard to proposed affected transactions contemplated in Parts B and C of Chapter 5, to serve as guidelines for the benefit of persons concerned in such proposed transactions;
- (c) receive and deal with representations relating to any matter with which it may deal in terms of this Act; and
- (d) perform any other function assigned to it by legislation.
- (3) In exercising its powers and performing its functions the Panel must not express any view or opinion on the commercial advantages or disadvantages of any transaction or proposed transaction.
Practice Note 1 of 2011: Companies and close corporations - postal and physical address requirements
Practice Note 2 of 2011: Companies and close corporations - Deregistration and re-instatement procedure
Practice Note 3 of 2011: Companies and close corporations - Procedure for approval for distribution of commission forms
Practice Note 4 of 2011: Companies Act, 2008 - Detail of incorporations on local companies
Practice Note 5 of 2011: Companies Act, 2008 - Detail of directors to be provided on CoR14.1
Practice Note 6 of 2011: Companies Act, 2008 - Detail required for registration of external companies
Practice Note 7:
Practice Note 8:
Practice Note 9 of 2011: Use of customer codes on CoR14.1, CoR15.2, CK1 and CK2
Guidance Note 1 of 2012: Change of financial year end
Practice Note 1 of 2012:
Practice Note 2 of 2012:
No related forms.