Chapter 8: Regulatory Agencies and Administration of Act
Part E: Administrative provisions applicable to agencies
s205: Qualifications for membership
- (1) To be eligible for appointment, designation or co-option as a member of the Companies Tribunal, the Panel, or the Council, and to continue to hold that office, a person must, in addition to satisfying any other specific requirements set out in this Act:
- (a) not be subject to any disqualification set out in subsection (2); and
- (b) have submitted to the Minister a written declaration stating that the person is not disqualified in terms of subsection (2).
- (2) A person may not become, or continue to be, a member of the Companies Tribunal, the Panel, or the Council, if that person:
- (a) is an office-bearer of any party, movement, organisation or body of a partisan political nature;
- (b) personally or through a related person has or acquires a personal financial interest that may conflict or interfere with the proper performance of the duties of a member of the Tribunal, Panel, or Council;
- (c) is disqualified in terms of section 69 from serving as a director of a company; or
- (d) is subject to an order of a competent court holding that person to be mentally unfit or disordered.
No related regulations.
No related note.
No related forms.