Chapter 9: Offences, Miscellaneous Matters and General Provisions
Part A: Offences and Penalties
s213: Breach of confidence
- (1) It is an offence to disclose any confidential information concerning the affairs of any person obtained:
- (a) in carrying out any function in terms of this Act; or
- (b) as a result of initiating a complaint, or participating in any proceedings in terms of this Act.
- (2) Subsection (1) does not apply to information disclosed:
- (a) as contemplated in section 206(2)(e)(i) or (ii) or 212(5) to (7);
- (b) for the purpose of the proper administration or enforcement of this Act;
- (c) for the purpose of the administration of justice;
- (d) at the request of the Commission, the Panel, an inspector or investigator, the Companies Tribunal, or a court entitled to receive the information; or
- (e) when required to do so by any court or under any law.
No related regulations.
No related note.
No related forms.